YHC must finally be getting comfortable with Q’ing since this was the first time he has been able to sleep the night before. I have not been to a Band of Brothers workout in a long time and I must admit it was pretty cool going back to lead the workout that got me started in this awesome thing called F3. Vila and I had exchanged a few Slack messages with me trying to ease his mind that he would not die if we covered the promised 1-2 miles in the workout. Knowing your audience is important for the Q when planning a workout. You have to make it challenging for all but not too challenging for some. We’re all at different points in our workout life so it’s crucial to engage everyone and make sure nobody is discouraged. I was confident that even those that had been on an F3 hiatus would be comfortable with this plan.
The crowd filtered into the AO in beautiful downtown MHC. As the countdown ticked slowly toward the hard start 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 minute warnings were given. At 0530 sharp, the introduction, mission statement, and disclaimer were proclaimed and we were off on a mosey around the Red Fish and back to the fountain.
- Side Straddle Hops X 15 IC
- Windmills X 15 IC
- Sun Gods X 15 IC Reverse (that’s right Duckbutter, we did reverse FIRST!) / Forward
- Cotton Pickers (clapless) X 15 IC
- Imperial Walkers X 15 IC
- Mosey to the intersection of 8th and Evans St
- The entire Thang would take place on the streets surrounding the Bask Hotel
- At each corner the Pax would do Curls (Right then Left), Shoulder Press (Right then Left), Squats, Merkins, WWI
- The initial lap involved 10 reps of each with the 2nd lap having 12 reps
- The Pax moseyed on the streets leading east/west and did Bear Crawls / Lunges on the streets leading north/south
- After 2 laps we moseyed to the fountain for:
- Urkins X 15 SC
- Dips X 15 SC
- Derkins X 15 SC
- Ron Burgundy led us in the Protractor while delivering a wonderful message on the suffering of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, as he faced the ordeal of crucifixion.
- Immigrant led us in prayer imploring us to ask ourselves daily how we had suffered that day.
- Welcome to our latest FNG, Leprechaun, the boyfriend of Navy’s 2.0.
- It was my honor and privilege to lead today’s workout. I encourage everyone to give back to F3 by leading a workout if you haven’t done so. If Holiday Mansion hadn’t been willing to lead that Band of Brothers on February 6, 2017 I may not have experienced F3. I’m happy to do my part in changing someone else’s life by pushing them to do a little more than they thought they could.