It was a balmy 18 degrees when YHC arrived at Fort Benjamin Park in the suburbs of Newport a little early to scope out the course condition to ensure that ice wouldn’t endanger the safety of the Pax. The area where YHC had planned to stage a little Balls to the Wall and People’s Chair was deemed too hazardous but the rest of the course was dead balls perfect. No problem a little Omaha can’t handle. An alternate site was located and I returned to the parking lot to plant the flag. As I was exiting the truck, Buckeye and Blart were entering the arena. After a little stretching and small talk we started with a mosey around the parking lot and went straight into:
- Side Straddle Hops X 15 IC
- Mosey to corner 1 of the parking lot
- Cotton Pickers X 15 IC
- Mosey to corner 2 of the parking lot
- Sun Gods X 15 IC, Forward / Reverse
- Mosey to corner 3 of the parking lot
- Windmills X 15 IC
- Mosey back to the starting corner of the parking lot where we began:
- Squid mentioned last week that he has taken on the Merkin challenge where you do 100 Merkins each day for 30 days. YHC decided that we would join that effort today so we ran approximately 1 mile stopping every 1/10th mile to do 10 Merkins for a total of 100 Merkins.
Then we went into:
- A round of 7s with Low Slow Flutters and Prisoner Squats
- A round of 7s with Mountain Climbers and Wojo Squats
- A round of 7s with WWI and Side Straddle Hops
With the hard stop rapidly approaching, we finished up with:
- Buckeye led us with American Hammers X 15 IC
- 2 minutes of Protractor
Blart took us out in prayer, lifting up concerns for parent’s of YHC’s friend who lost their home to a fire.
It was my honor to lead these men who escaped the clutches of a warm fartsack to come out to get better.