The air was warm and heavy as YHC got out of the truck at good ol’ Rotary Park. I planted the shovel flag and moseyed out to the middle of the big field to set out some pylons for the planned workout. Then back to the lonely parking lot to begin stretching. As the hard stop approached I was concerned that today was going to be a solo affair. I had passed a shirtless man bearing a striking resemblance to Frosted Flake running on Tootle Road so I assumed he would be joining me but as the clock ticked no shirtless man appeared from the haze. With 5 minutes to spare, the lights of a minivan appeared. Since I knew Ronnie B was in the Caribbean re-enacting his favorite scenes from The Love Boat, this had to be Mee Mee and Bedsore. We exchanged pleasantries and it was time to begin.
Mosey to the basketball courts for:
- Side Straddle Hops X 15 IC
- Windmills X 15 IC
- Sun Gods X 15 forward / reverse IC
- Good Mornings X 15 IC
- Cotton Pickers (nice and slow like God intended) X 15 IC
- Right Over Left / Left Over Right
- Merkin Mile – Mosey around the park, stopping every 1/4 mile for 25 merkins
- Mosey to the middle of the soccer field
- Bearmuda Triangle – pylons laid out in a triangle formation 30 yards apart, Bear Crawl to the 1st pylon for 1 Burpee, Bear Crawl to the 2nd pylon for 2 Burpees, Bear Crawl to the 3rd pylon for 3 Burpees, 3 sets
- Mosey to the tree of life
- Thighs of Fire – Squat, hold for 5 seconds, then up X 5, then hold for 10 seconds X 10
- Monkey Humpers X 15
- Mosey to the Big Rock Stadium right field wall
- Balls to the Wall Relay – Balls to the Wall for a 10 count, then run across the parking lot for 1 Burpee, then 2 Burpees, increasing to 5 Burpees
- Mosey to the shovel flag
- American Hammer X 15 IC
- Low Slow Flutters X 15 IC
- LBCs X 15 IC
- Protactor for 2 minutes
Prayer concerns for Blart and his M, Doublemint, and those dealing with addiction. Mee Mee took us out in prayer.
I am thankful for the opportunity to lead today. Thanks to Mee Mee and Bedsore for coming out and joining me.