- When: 03/31/2018
- Workout Style: Boot Camp
- QIC: Misty
- PAX: Gilligan, Flip-ova, Jang-a-Lang, Gertrude, Space Jam (2.0), Au Jus, Shaggy, Bayliner, Nippleshot, Lassie Rameses, Shroom, Jenny, Duck Butter, Shaft, The Drive, Elmer Fudd, Ronny B, Monkey Wrench, Holiday Mansion, Porky, Deuce, Winnie the Poo, Creflo Dollar, Newman, Suitcase, Pastor Cleaver, Crabby Englishman, Madoff, Immigrant, Rooney, Cheney, Quagmire, Rainbow, Beaver
- AO: Back Blasts
As Saturdays go today was special, Easter Weekend with friends from off and weather perfectly suited for the workout to come. Knowing that the crowd would be larger than normal for this Saturday’s Hero Patriot YHC decided that some additional thought would have to go into the design of today’s beat down. As I turned right into the parking lot Deuce was waiting, stretching and preparing for six months of BRR training to come. Soon we were met by Shaggy, Winnie the Poo, and Suitcase (who appeared to have a suitcase sized bag on this back???) Planning a short standard I wanted a quick mosey around the grounds to survey the site, good thing I did. Having worked to meticulously craft a workout for all the plan was almost foiled from the start by something as simple as a padlock secured to a gate, the concept of improvise, adapt, overcome can to mind and solutions were crafted to the obstacle at hand. Back to the parking lot for a short mosey to warm the legs up, as we returned to the meeting space it was apparent a large contingent of F3 brethren had head the call and where preparing for the beatdown to come…some in pickup trucks, others SUV’s, occasionally a sedan (Madoff) and one lone, yet unmistakable sight…Shaft on his fuchsia Honda Scooter, I’m not sure the much heralded F3 license plate is adapted to Scooter size yet? Others decided to wait until 6:50 to make the 12 minute drive to West Carteret and as such were tardy to the party, burpees would be there reward.
Disclaimer somewhat delivered, mission statement crushed to perfection we moseyed toward the front of the high school to perform a little warmarama.
- 10 ct Imperial Walker IC
- 10 ct Cotton Picker IC
- 15 ct Windmill IC
- 10 ct. Good Morning IC
- 15ct SSH
Warmed, stretched, and ready to work we moseyed along to the track and split the group into two smaller groups.
Group A – Lead by Founding Father Gilligan
Mosey to the Practice Football Field for the following.
- Partner work, one partner bear crawls while the other partner performs 5 spider merkins, second partner runs to catch the first and they flip flop, rinse and repeat for a total of 100 yards.
- Lap 2 Swap Bear Crawl for Lt Dan’s and Spiders for Diamond Merkins
- Lap 3 Swap Lt Dan’s for lung walk, and Diamond Merkins for Doublewides.
Group B – Lead by Misty
Mosey to the soft grass behind the field goal posts for the following.
- Partner A run’s a lap of the track.
- Partner B performs a DORA of the following
- 10 – Burpees
- 15 – Freddie Mercuries
- 20 – Dry Docks
- Flip flop and repeat until relieved by Group A.
Once completed the PAX was surrendered to the compassionate care of Flip-ova for a little heavy work as follows.
- Break into four smaller groups to work to rotations of four stations as follows.
- Station 1: Tire Pull/Coupon Carry
- Station 2: Kettle Bell Swing/Squat
- Station 3: Pull Ups/Dips/Merkins
- Station 4: Over the head Rope Run in groups of four
Needless to say Flip-Ova had a beatdown in store for the PAX, most appeared relieved to be running again once completed.
Again we broke into 2 Groups to alternate two workout areas as follows:
- Group A with Jang-A-Lang
- QUARTER POUNDER!!!! with the following rep sets.
- 25 Mekins
- 50 Heels to Heaven
- 75 Squats
- 100 LBC’s
- Group B with Misty
- Over to the Track for two laps of Catch Me if you Can as follows.
- Partner A runs backward.
- Partner B performs 3 8ct Body Builders, runs to relive Partner A and flip flop.
Time running short we gathered as a collective group back at the baseball field for a short Mary.
Plank Hold – time undetermined.
15 ct Low Slow Flutter
10 ct American Hammer
Workout completed we circled up, Namorama was especially lively with this PAX!
Post workout we gathered for a devotional message delivered by our own Creflo Dollar.
It was my honor to lead this morning!