YHC was a little hazy yesterday after a weekend of celebration. My 2.0’s wedding to Focker went off without a hitch on Saturday. The upside is that it took place at a beautiful vineyard in the Western part of the state. The other upside was the winery had an unlimited amount of Merlot and various other varietals for us to, “e-hem”, sample. Needless to say, on Sunday YHC’s head was a little cloudy and the fact that he had pledged to Q the Knarr on Monday slipped his mind. Blart kindly reminded YHC at 5:59PM after I had HC’d for the Green Mile.
Undeterred, YHC posted the preblast with seconds to spare. This morning I happily picked up a bright eyed and bushy tailed Dash 8 and sped to the AO in the gloom. With a host of Knarr regulars (sans Blart) at the ready YHC stumbled through the mission statement and started off on a mosey. Almost immediately, YHC started to experience the physical ramifications of the, “e-hem”…“tasting”, completed on Satuday (and well into the wee hours of Sunday). There was a real danger that the Merlot would be spilled. Undeterred, YHC muddled through a rolling WARMARAMA:
- Skier Jacks IC x15
- Hairy Rockettes, IC x 10
- Imperial Walkers IC x 10
- Down Dog, pedal pump, cobra
- Parking space box drill with squats
Then it was off to the football field for the Inaugural burpsKNARRtt 500. The Pax were informed that we would be doing 5 exercises of 10 reps each, then fast mosey the length of the football field and back. We would complete this circuit 10 times with a result of 500 reps and 2000 yards of mosey completed at the end. This is EXACTLY what we did for the THANG.
- Round 1: Seal Claps, squats, monkey humpers, merkins, LBCs
- Round 2: Overhead Claps, squats, diamond merkins, LBCs
- Round 3: Air presses, tempo squats, gorilla humpers, double wides, LBC’s
- Round 4: Seal Claps, squats, monkey humpers, carolina dry docks, LBCs
- Round 5: Air presses, squats, gorilla humpers, tempo merkins, LBC’s
- Round 6: Overhead claps, squats, boss tweeds, diamond merkins, LBC’s
- Round 7: Air presses, squats, monkey humpers, diamond merkins, LBCs
- Round 8: Overhead claps, squats, gorilla humpers, double wides, LBCs
- Round 9: Air press, squats, monkey humpers, carolina dry docks, LBCs
- Round 10: Bobby Hurley’s, Groiners, Merkins, Burpees, LBCs
With a few minutes left, we moseyed to the amphitheater and completed a round of peoples chair with 10 count each man and BTTW with 10 count each man. Finally back to the flag for a few minutes of MARY: X files, Swimmers, LBC’s, right and left side oblique crunches, down dog with pedals and cobra to a hard stop.
YHC is happy to report that none of the precious Merlot ended up wasted on the ground at the Ft. Benjamin AO. The Pax closed out in a COT and Kiwi took us out in a speedy but heartfelt prayer.
It is always a pleasure and honor to lead and this morning was no exception to the rule. YHC appreciates the assembled Pax keeping the mumblechatter to a dull roar and taking it easy on YHC as he stumbled through calling exercises, cadence, etc. like a rookie Q as the red wine fog lifted slowly from around my head. Thanks for the keys Ricardo and thanks for the support from the Pax!