The story you’re about to read is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.
YHC didn’t have a good feeling about the assigned Q, we’ll call him Fruit Loop, actually showing up to Q following the holiday. Apparently he didn’t realize that the holiday, July 4th, is followed pretty quickly by July 5th, his Q date. After a full day of brawling at Wade Shore, Frosted, I mean Fruit Loop was in no shape to lead a finely tuned group of HIMs otherwise known as the Carterican Court regulars. At least he sent YHC a Slack message pretty early, although I was sitting on the beach in Topsail which is not the best place to formulate a workout plan. Fortunately I keep all my winkies from previous workouts so I just whipped one out from June 14 and, BOOM, the plan was complete.
A small crowd of studs had already gathered when YHC parked his F250. The flag was planted and the aforementioned absentee Q was talked about in the most unflattering terms. Blue Cross and Cheney wanted to mosey down the street and drag “Fruit Loop” out of his fartsack. Buckeye was headed to the truck to get some rope, but Immigrant assured everyone that this would not be necessary. “‘Fruit Loop’ was already paying for his over-celebration of our nation’s birthday. There’s no need for him to suffer any more”. Immigrant always offers a calming presence to the most volatile situation. Ma Bell was not happy since he had missed the Wade Shore brawl and was itchin’ for a fight but cooler heads prevailed. Soon the hard start arrived and we were off.
- Mosey to the basketball courts
- Side Straddle Hops X 15 IC
- Abe Vigodas X 15 IC
- Sun Gods X 15 IC forward / reverse
- Cotton Pickers X 15 IC
- Right over Left / Left over Right
- Mosey to the picnic shelter
- Dips X 10 SC
- Urkins X 10 SC
- Derkins X 10 SC
- Step Ups X 10 IC
- Repeat each of the above for 12 and 15 reps
- Mosey to the soccer field
- A round of 7s with Burpees and WWI’s
- Mosey to the right field wall
- Partner up for Balls to the Wall Relays (Partner A assumes the BTTW position while Partner B runs across the parking lot and does 1 Burpee, back to Partner A and switch positions)
- Repeat the above relay for 2 and 3 Burpees
- People’s Chair for 10 count each man
- Indian Run to / around the Tree of Life 5 laps
- Thighs of Fire (5 Squats holding for 5 seconds at the bottom, then 5 Monkey Humpers IC)
- Repeat ToF for 10 Squats/10 secs, 10 MHs, 5 Squats/15 secs, 15 MHs
- Mosey to the flag
- American Hammers to the hard stop
Immigrant took us out in prayer asking for comfort and healing for Blart and his M and thanking God for all of our many blessings.
I had a blast leading this morning. Thanks to all for coming out. I have also heard that Frosted Flake injured his back so keep him in your prayers.