YHC was anticipating an appearance by Carterico’s revered Nantan, Jang a Lang, at the Carterican Court. Knowing his fondness for playing in the grass, I made sure to include plenty of work on the Rotary Park soccer field in the pre-game planning. Sure enough, Jang’s truck rolled up just before the hard stop. I was hopeful that the workout would meet his approval. Alas, it was not to be. At the hard start we moseyed to the basketball court parking lot for:
- Side Straddle Hops X 15 IC
- Cotton Pickers X 10 IC
- Windmill X 15 IC
- Sun Gods X 10 Forward/Reverse IC
- Left over Right, Right over Left
- Mosey to the middle parking lot where we began the meat of the workout
- Lazy Dora (100 Merkins, 200 LBC, 300 Squats) This is where Jang started complaining about having to do so much counting. I guess he has people to do his counting for him. Next time I’ll advise him to bring gloves AND a paralegal. Of course, he ignored my advice to wear gloves and discovered the error of his ways a little later.
- Mosey to the soccer field where YHC had placed 4 cones. The Pax did Inch Worm Hand Release Merkins to the 1st cone, bear crawled to the 2nd, and repeated across the field. It was here that Jang found the sandspurs and immediately began whining.
- Suicides with 5 Burpees at the cones, backpedal to the start, 5 Monkey Humpers, etc
- Round of 7s across the field with Chilly Jacks and Bobby Hurleys
- Gorilla Humpers X 20 IC
- Mosey to the picnic tables for a quick round of Dips, Derkins, Urkins, and Step Ups.
- Jang led us in a round of Dying Cockroach
- 2nd Mile led us in American Hammers
- Jim Tom led us in Xs and Os
- Shroom finished us off with LBCs
We finished the workout with prayers for those that are suffering and thanks for the blessing of another day.
Gentlemen, as always it was my pleasure to lead you. Thank you Madoff for the opportunity.